OEIS in WiKi, is it a good idea?

Michele Dondi blazar at pcteor1.mi.infn.it
Wed Feb 2 09:19:40 CET 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, N. J. A. Sloane wrote:

>> Wouldn't it be a good idea to power up OEIS with a WiKi-like engine?
>> That would allow everybody edit details of any sequence,
>> and let the community take care of the OEIS and constantly improve it.
>
> Me: I don't like that idea at all. There are many objections.

I agree with you wrt _that form_ of the proposal. There could still be a
WiKi or something like that to work _parallely_ to the current OEIS
system, with possibly a per-sequence link to relevant entries for people
to add personal cmts, and maybe some sort of rating system so that
_really_ interesting considerations may be eventually brought to the
attention of the maintainers.

Just my 2 Eurocents,
Michele
--
> I understand that it is possible to express the number of ways of
> having k bishops on an n*n board such that they are not attacking each
> other as a combinatorial formula [...]
Why would bishops attack one another?  Oh--over homosexuality perhaps?
- George Cox in sci.math [edited]