OEIS in WiKi, is it a good idea?

Michele Dondi blazar at pcteor1.mi.infn.it
Mon Feb 21 14:28:01 CET 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Alonso Del Arte wrote:

>> There could still be a
> WiKi or something like that to work _parallely_ to the current OEIS
> system,
>
> There already is! Wikipedia. It has plenty of articles that list
> sequences, obviously copied and pasted from the OEIS but no A number
> is given. For starters,

First of all let me apologize for being so late. On topic: I've had only
marginal experiences with Wikipedia, but indeed positive ones. However I
was rather talking of a _parallel_ project, yes, but a somewhat more
integrate one.

I mean, from my POV (which others may not share), there "should" be a
link/button from each sequence to a Wiki or similar service for
user-supplied cmts. And there should be obvious links in the opposite
direction as well. Also, such a think could benefit IMHO from a rating
system so that really relevant cmts may be eventually brought to the
attention of the administrators and then make their way into the official
OEIS.

Just my 2 Eurocents,
Michele
--
#!/usr/bin/perl -lp
BEGIN{*ARGV=do{open $_,q,<,,\$/;$_}}s z^z seek DATA,11,$[;($,