OEIS in WiKi, is it a good idea?

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Mon Feb 21 16:25:07 CET 2005

Dear Michele,  Let me say a couple of things:
1.  Accuracy is extremely important and I try to keep
the standards in the OEIS very high.  The same as those
in any reputable mathematical table.

2.  It is hard enough to maintain one copy of the OEIS.

If there were other copies of sequences out on the web, it would
make maintaining it MUCH more difficult,
and no-one would know if what they saw was from
the OEIS or from some less accurate source.

The OEIS seems to work just fine.  The Wiki idea is a bad one!

Neil Sloane