two integrals and a question about prime trinomials

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Fri Feb 25 18:26:41 CET 2005

Regarding A002624, it appears that:

For each prime p, there is a set of base-p digits D for such that p divides
a(n) iff the base-p representation of n includes one of the digits in D.
Apparently d in D implies p-1-d in D.

I don't have time to investigate, but I am curious as to whether a similar
phenomenon exists for prime powers.

The following table gives p and the associated D for p <= 1000.  For some
p, D is empty, indicating that no a(n) is divisible by p; these p are
omitted
from the table.  I do not immediately see a pattern.

Assuming the above observations are correct the p column gives the primes
dividing some element of A002624.  This column does not match any existing
OEIS sequence.

       p  D

       3  {2}
       7  {3}