Re OEIS submit new sequence/comment page

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Tue Jan 4 13:30:40 CET 2005

On sunday last david wasserman said:

Dear Neil,
    When I use http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/Submit.html to submit a comme
nt, it automatically sends me an email containing my comment.
This is a very useful fea
ture.  It would be even more useful if that email also contained the current version of
the sequence I commented on.  Would that be difficult?

Me:  That program is 1200 lines of shell, and right now I don't
have time to modify it.  It is complicated because it handles
3 kinds of submissions, and it is a two-stage program
since it constructs a preliminary page and asks
you to verify that it is correct.

The simplest thing would be for you to send email to
   sequences at research.att.com
with subject line "none"
saying
   lookup A012345

This will get you exactly what you want in less than 60 secs.

NJAS