Trouble caused by email failure, important message

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sat Jan 22 22:58:16 CET 2005

A couple of days ago, apparently something
went wrong with our email server.

So mail did not reach me.  It was quickly fixed.

But this caused a lot of trouble.

I use email from the external machine to the internal machine,
as a simple way to get information through the firewall.

These email messages were just lost.

THEREFORE:

1.   messages from the A-number dispenser did not reach me.

     This caused trouble because Bob Wilson had reserved 181
     A-numbers, but I did not see that, so there were a lot
     of duplicates.  I hope I have now corrected these problems.
     But to save time I just deleted some inessential cross-references.
     If you want, send them as Comments.
     And please check that the renumbering went correctly.

2.   New sequences and Comments may have been lost

     If you sent new sequences (with or without A-numbers)
     in the middle of last week, please check that they are
     in the OEIS now.

     If they had A-numbers then these may have been chnaged.

     If you sent Comments, they may be in the queue (I have 250
     Comments waiting to be processed - I will try to get
     caught up in the next few days).  If they don't
     appear in a few days, please send them again.

3.   Email may have been lost, but you should
     have a received a warning about that.

THE TROUBLE HAPPENED on the night of Wednesday Jan 19 2005.

Neil Sloane