Google's indexing of the OEIS

Jaap Spies j.spies at hccnet.nl
Wed Jan 5 03:34:54 CET 2005

N. J. A. Sloane wrote:
> Dear Seqfans,
> Do any of you understand about "META" lines?

[...]
> It occurred to me that maybe there should be better headers
> - META lines, maybe? - on these files,
> that would make it easier for Google to see them ?
>
> NJAS

Dear Neil,

META tags can be used to make webpages more visible to Webcrawlers.
But note that most robots can not cope with dynamic generated HTML pages.

see: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#h-7.4.4

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/appendix/notes.html#recs on helping search engines

 > Robots and the META element
 >
 > The META element allows HTML authors to tell visiting robots whether a document may be indexed,
 > or used to harvest more links. No server administrator action is required.

This is not what you want, but cab be eventually of some use.

 > In the following example a robot should neither index this document, nor analyze it for links.
 > <META name="ROBOTS" content="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">
 >
 > The list of terms in the content is ALL, INDEX, NOFOLLOW, NOINDEX.

Google specific information can be foun at:
	http://www.google.com/remove.html
	http://www.google.com/webmasters/1.html
	http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html#A2
	http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html