a puzzle sequence that is going around

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Sun Jan 16 12:48:39 CET 2005

Before I understood the source of the puzzle, I was inclined to dismiss
the puzzle as either insoluble.  The scant context of the puzzle (no known
original source, no known solvers, no related inquiry, limited Internet
references) led me to think that we probably could not solve the puzzle
(either it was an insoluble hoax like certain prize configurations of Loyd's
Fifteen puzzle, or else an impossibly obscure amateur creation).  The only
thing that bugged me was that it garnered enough attention to cross NJAS's
path several times, which implied something interesting.

My discovery that it was a neopets.com prize problem explained the
interest.  When I read what

Cino Hilliard wrote:
> This puzzle page is not easy especially the anagrams. It often requires
> member knowledge of the neopets page.

I decided that the puzzle probably relied on inside information.  I doubt
it is worth any more of our time.