A092297 vs A106512

Joshua Zucker joshua.zucker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 18:26:25 CEST 2005

My newly-contributed  sequence, A106512, disagrees with A092297 in its
first term (view my sequence as square array, and look at column 3).
A106512: k-colorings of a circle of n nodes.  A092297: the
3-colorings.

I say with one node and 3 colors there are 3 colorings, but A092297
says there are 0.

Should A092297 be corrected?

I can see that the formula (which works for n>1) gives 0 when n = 1,
but I think that just means the formula only works for n>1.

There's also a recurrence, which is ALSO broken unless a(1) = 0 -- but
nonetheless, I think that just means the recurrence has to start with
a(2) and a(3), and not with a(1) and a(2).

But maybe my sequence should be corrected instead?

Thanks,
--Joshua Zucker