Virus mail and such

Hugo Pfoertner all at abouthugo.de
Thu Jun 16 20:19:55 CEST 2005

Jud McCranie wrote:

> At 10:29 AM 6/15/2005, David Wilson wrote:
>
> >Creighton Dement recently received a virus mail that appeared to be from me.
>
> This was happening to me a few months ago and I deduced that it must be
> that someone with me in their address book on a list had a virus.  I use a
> firewall and I have all incoming and outgoing mail scanned by Norton
> Antivirus.  In addition, I have it scan all of my email, downloads, and
> attachments as a batch each night.  And I keep it updated.

I just got an E-mail with a zip attachment "nomoney.zip" containing the
virus  WORM/NetSky.B.1.

The - probably faked - sender was

Subject: hello
   Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:10:08 +0200
   From: 2gpower at libero.it
     To: all at abouthugo....
Content:
from the chatter

Since I'm using the  e-mail address all at abouthugo... exclusively for the
SeqFan list, one of the list participants seems to have an active virus
on his PC.

May I therefore ask all here in this group who have not already done it,
to run a virus check on their machines?

Thanks

Hugo Pfoertner