long sequence, or too many short ones?

Joshua Zucker joshua.zucker at gmail.com
Tue May 17 05:06:15 CEST 2005

Based on a sequence puzzle from another website, I recently submitted
http://www.research.att.com/projects/OEIS?Anum=A107082

My question is whether, since truncating this at 4 lines is leaving
out a lot of terms, I ought to submit the 256 finite sequences -- many
of which are very short, with only 2 or 3 or 4 terms! -- that this
sequence discusses. Or alternatively, a question for Neil: in cases
like these, would it be possible to have some mechanism for including
the whole sequence somewhere?

Maybe the best solution is to write it up on a web page and add the
link to that page in the sequence.  But I wanted to get all the terms
in the OEIS, not just an auxiliary web page, so that superseeker would
have a chance of solving any sequence puzzle of this type (difference
sequence consists of the digits 1 through 9 in order, perhaps
concatenated).

Thanks for any advice,
--Joshua Zucker