about the OEIS

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Mon Oct 31 01:40:07 CET 2005

Seqfans:  i was out of town for a few days.  There seem to
be several issues - let me briefly address them here.

1.  error messages (Internal server error, etc):
Yes, this needs fixing, and I am working on it.

has offered to help improve this, and bring the OEIS lookups
up to Google speed.

3.  my acceptance of sequences that are not especially
mathematical slows down the lookups.  I don't think
this is true.  In any case see 2. above.

4.  it would be possible to use more keywords. Yes, true,
but I don't have time right now to do this.

5.  Please remember that this is essentially a one-man
low-budget operation.  There are a bunch
of associate editors listed on the web-site, but many of them
do nothing.  (What I was hoping they would do was to take
the sequences with keyword "uned", and edit them.  Since
this almost never happens, I use "uned" infrequently.)

Neil Sloane