Primefree sequences in the OEIS

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 01:27:28 CEST 2005

Listing 566 is a mistake.

Any sequence of n-gonal numbers will contain no primes... unless n is
itself prime, in which case the sequence will contain exactly one
prime. On the other hand, any sequence of nth powers (for n > 1) will
contain no primes, even if n is itself prime (i.e., the second powers,
or square numbers).

Mixing up these two conditions is a mistake, but an understandable one, I think.

Alonso