request: ^ and constant searching

Eric W. Weisstein eric at weisstein.com
Fri Apr 21 19:12:48 CEST 2006

Two OEIS search features that would be particularly useful to me would be:

(1) The ability to search for sequences starting with a given term, e.g.,
"^2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9" finds only sequences whose initial term is 2 (this
would be very handy for locating similar sequences that differ only in the
first term or two, a process that is otherwise quite painful as far as
I've been able to tell)

(2) The automatic interpretation of a decimal number as a sequence of
digits, e.g, "1.618033" automatically searches for "{1,6,1,8,0,3,3}}.
This would save me quite a bit of "decimal removal and comma insertion" :)
The automatic formatting of cons sequences is quite nice; it would be nice
to be able to go the other way as well.

I have no idea how difficult these might be to implement.  But I at least
would find them very useful.

Cheers,
-Eric