request: ^ and constant searching

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Apr 21 23:29:30 CEST 2006

Specifying the starting term would be more useful if the starting term was defined more consistently.  For example, looking at kth powers, the squares, cubes, and 5th powers have a leading zero; the other powers do not (except k=1, where A001477 has the leading zero and A000012 does not).

I don't really see how this would help searching for sequences differing only in the initial term(s), unless you know exactly which variation you are looking for.  To see if another sequence is similar, grab several terms starting at the fifth or so, and search for that.

The second suggestion seems more useful to me.  However, care should be taken; decimal strings can occur in text as well, and we don't want to lose the ability to search for them.  I would suggest using a unique prefix (perhaps cons:) if this feature is supported.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters