Demotion of Pluto as a planet

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 20:05:30 CEST 2006

Post-Pluto mnemonics for the planets

Jason Kottke and Meg Hourihan held a competition to
come up with a better mnemonic for the planets' names
in the wake of the decision to demote Pluto
from planet-status. The winner, Josh Mishell's
"My! Very educated morons just screwed up numerous
planetariums" is great, as are the runners-up:

    Many Very Earnest Men Just Snubbed Unfortunate
Ninth Planet (Dave Child)

    "My vision, erased. Mercy! Just some underachiever
now." (Delia, as spoken by Pluto discoverer Clyde
Tombaugh)

    Most vexing experience, mother just served us
nothing! (Bart Baxter)