Identical-digit blocks in decimal representation of partition numbers

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 07:53:07 CEST 2006

My 17-year-old son agrees more with njas than with me, on this.  The last
seq I had derived from the partition function,
 A120477 <http://www.research.att.com/%7Enjas/sequences/A120477>
 Apply partial sum operator 5 times to partition numbers. was dubbed "less"
-- so I'll not submit the seq that created the stink.  That's part of what
seqfans is for, I suppose, to market test a new product before submitting to
OEIS.  My son thought the seq in question to be, if not repugnant, at least
stupid -- precisely because it was a "base" sequence, as opposed to, say,
A065728 <http://www.research.att.com/%7Enjas/sequences/A065728>
 *Partition* numbers
(A000041<http://www.research.att.com/%7Enjas/sequences/A000041>)
that are *semiprimes*
(A001358<http://www.research.att.com/%7Enjas/sequences/A001358>
).
I more fundamentally agree with njas that "mathematics can be beautiful."
Thanks for sharing your feelings frankly, including the more judiciously
neutral Joseph Biberstine. He recently gave us the rather pretty:
 A119028 <http://www.research.att.com/%7Enjas/sequences/A119028>
 Numbers that have 3 different *partitions* into 3 parts with the same
product.