a MUCH better photo of the icosahedron

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 16:16:22 CET 2006

"Astrological object" an interesting notion, which occurred to me also.
Given the the Greeks consider the dodecahedron as iconic of the Cosmos, and
the icosahedron is its Platonic solid dual, I think they were making a
categorical statement of morphisms between cosmologies. The Greeks saw the
icosahedron as iconic of the element "air." Coincidently, "Where does it all
end: Search for the shape of space" is the cover story in the 9-15 December
New Scientist.