calculator sequence inspired by my calendar

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Thu Dec 21 20:43:23 CET 2006

Not the most useful, but it suffices for small values:

If n is a 2k+1 digit number for which f(n) > 0, f(n) >= 10^k.
If n is a 2k digit number for which f(n) > 0, f(n) >= 9*10^(k-1).

(Here f(n) is the reversal of n minus n.)

So to determine if 15 is a possible difference, it suffices to check
through n=999.
---

And yes, the sequence is certainly infinite. If n is a k digit integer
with f(n) defined and positive, then f(10^(k+1)+10n+1) = 10 f(n).

Franklin T. Adams-Watters