Endofunctions by indegree

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Dec 29 04:37:13 CET 2006

Mostly to Jonathon,

Yes, that is exactly what I mean - although I think you have a typo: I
think E should be 1,1,1,0, not 1,1,2,0.  To make a partition out of
this, use these as the exponents: [0^1,1^1,2^1,3^0]; simplifying and
discarding the zeros gives [2,1].  Likewise A:0,3,0,0 becomes the
partition [1^3] (which is another way of saying [1,1,1]).

Note that my second table, with the partitions, is really the most
fundamental; the other two can obtained by summing suitable values from
the corresponding row of that table.

I think there's at least one problem with the Goedel table (A125024):
1500 = 2^2 * 3^1 * 5^3 is the endofunction 2,1,3.  But the equivalent
3,2,1 has Goedel value 360.  So, instead of ..., 540, 1500, ..., it
should be ..., 360, 540, ....  I'm guessing that you did this table by
hand.  I'll try to find time to program it.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters