OEIS on vacation in December

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 19:20:51 CET 2006

Jonathan Sondow is by far one of the most brilliant mathematical Jonathans,
along with Jonathan Borwein and others we could name. I am not at his level
of achievement at all. The Sondow Sequences are all, to me, beautiful, and
always deeply mathematical, and always publishable by journal standards.

The word "artificial" is almost impossible to axiomatize, time-varying, and
subjective.

The science fiction writer, Poul Anderson, in his short story "A Tragedy of
Errors" wrote:

"When Charles II saw Christopher Wren's St. Paul's Cathedral for the first
time, he called it 'awful, pompous, and artificial.' Meaning roughly:
Awesome, majestic, and ingenious."

Best,

Jonathan Vos Post