n-digit numbers with n factors, each with a different number of digits

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 20:52:37 CET 2006

Dear Joshua,

I suggest that you eliminate the "base" aspect of this by considering the
array of it over all positive integer bases.  That is, T(k,n) is the
smallest composite number such that each of its factors has a different
number of digits in base k.

Then give us that array by antidiagonals, and comment on its main diagonal
T(n,n) and any other rows and columns and diagonals with nice formulae.

-- Jonathan Vos Post