First Occurrence Of Floor(m/d(m))

hv at crypt.org hv at crypt.org
Sun Dec 31 14:59:21 CET 2006

Dear Seqfans
Who is able help me find mistake in Mathematica procedure
  for case 3 x 3 Number of matrices n x n with n^2 different elements which
have that same characteristic polynomial

p = Permutations[{a, b, c}]; q = Permutations[{d, e, f, g, h, i}];
      m = 0; s = {{a, d, e}, {f, b, g}, {h, i, c}};
Do[Do[{{r = p[[x, 1]], q[[y, 1]], q[[y, 2]]}, {q[[y, 3]], p[[x,
     CharacteristicPolynomial[r, n] == CharacteristicPolynomial[s,
           n], m++; Print[r]], {y, 1, Length[q]}], {x, 1, Length[p]}]; m

Is somethink wrong because final result have to give m=12 but is giving m=0

For any help I would like to thank on advance!

ARTUR