New OEIS lookup suggestions

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Tue Jan 10 13:41:47 CET 2006

The new OEIS lookup rocks.  Just a few suggestions:

I would propose that the second offset on the %O line be eliminated from the
sequence output, and if possible from the database altogether.  Its definition
is arcane, it has always been a source of errors in manual submissions, it is of
no use in the output.  I presume it was once useful for sorting and searching
the text database, however, I would guess that the new lookup prechews the
database, and if it is smart, computes the offset from the %STU values rather
than reading it from the %O line.

And while we are at it, could we add some extra comment inputs to the submission
form?