Partition ordering

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Thu Jan 12 20:53:34 CET 2006

Thanks; that is my third option.

The point is that sequences in the OEIS based on partitions generally do simply concatenate the list for each n, but don't describe in detail how the partitions are ordered.  So, if you don't know how the partitions are ordered, you don't know how to read a sequence you've found, you don't know how to search for a sequence, and you don't know how to submit a new sequence.  In other words, unless you standardize and people know how it is standardized, what's the point of even having them in the OEIS?

Franklin T. Adams-Watters
16 W. Michigan Ave.
Palatine, IL 60067
847-776-7645