New lookup screen

Joshua Zucker joshua.zucker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 18:49:53 CET 2006

> A more important use (not that many dupes in the data base anymore :-))
> would be to lookup
> cross ref sequences in context you could simply copy
> A064976 A062665 A028367 this_sequence A036298 A103169
> then edit it to
> id: A064976 A062665 A028367 A036298 A103169
> copy and paste it into the panel.
> This will engender a greater familiarity and understanding of the sequence
> and its sisters
> with out the labor of individual lookup.

Perhaps the  CROSSREFS label in the margin could be a link that brings
up a page listing all the sequences linked in the crossrefs.  That
would be nifty.

> >One could imagine using this for making pages listing, say, groups
> >of related sequences, but you could just as easily write down the
> >search terms for why they're related and use that.

But sometimes related sequences are described with different terms by
different users!  I suppose one could always add comments first to
ensure that the term linking them in your mind actually appears in the
sequence itself.

--Joshua Zucker