Hiding seq.fan's email address

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 15 18:34:51 CEST 2006

I may have his wrong, for I am kind of ignorant when it comes to matters
of computing.
But as I understand it, "bots" search the web for email addresses; then
the newly-discovered email addresses receive a bunch of spam/viruses.

Well, even though seq.fan has a spam-filter, as I think have read at some
point, it may be a good idea to hide any mention of seq.fan's email
address on the internet by, say, replacing each "@" with an "(at)" (as is
done already with OEIS contributers email addresses).

Well,I notice that seq.fan's old email address appears undisguised at:
http://www.seqfan.net/seqfan.html

(Could this be the reason for much of the spam I have received lately? --
Each spam email, including an attachment, has a randomnly-generated title
usually consisting of two random but harmless-looking words written in
all lower case. I get a couple of these a day. Are others on this list
getting these?)

So I suggest that:

1) When seq.fan moves to its new address, ALL mentions of the address on
the web should be disguised.

2) Seq.fan should automatically block all attachments (and maybe all
emails with attachments) from being distributed.

thanks,
Leroy Quet