primes in pi: 1, 2, 6, 38, 16208, 47577, 78073, ...

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 01:51:22 CEST 2006

On the other hand, it would be more "natural" to do this in base e.

Picking another base almost at random from OEIS, we have pi base 8 digits

  A006941 <http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A006941> Expansion of
*Pi* in *base* 8.
and if we concatenate these and look at primality of these as if they were
decimal digits we get the primes:

3, 31, 311, 31103755242102643, ...

-- Jonathan Vos Post