Sequence A112088 Motivation and Example?

Graeme McRae g_m at mcraefamily.com
Fri Jun 9 23:20:44 CEST 2006

Perhaps programming this sequence in Excel would be useful to you.  To do
that, perform the following steps:
In cells A1, B1, and C1, place the values 2, 0, and 4.
In cell D1, which will be the value of the sequence, place the formula
=B1+A1
In cell A2, place the formula =IF(C1-D1<0,A1*2,A1)
In cell B2, place the formula =FLOOR((2*A2-C2+1)/2,1)
In cell C2, place the formula =IF(C1-D1<0,C1-D1+2*A2,C1-D1)
Copy cell D1 to D2.
Copy row 2 to rows 3 through 40.
You will see the sequence in column D, if you have followed these
instructions (I really think they're correct!).
Hopefully, you will see some similarities between the numbers in these cells
and the numbers that come up in your delightful game of executing people in
a circle.