request for advice

hv at crypt.org hv at crypt.org
Sat Mar 11 11:32:29 CET 2006

"N. J. A. Sloane" <njas at research.att.com> wrote:
:Dear seqfans and editors:
:
:There is a contributor to the OEIS who in the past has sent in some interesting
:sequences, but most of his submissions are to my mind not very interesting.
[...]
:My question is, would you please tell me what I should do?
:
:I will keep track of the number of replies that I get that say,
:this is just fine, accept them all
:and those that say
:enough already, pipe his submissions to /dev/null

To /dev/null please. Your time is far too valuable to be reading
through such garbage to determine if there is anything worth keeping.

(Also: any rule that could be applied to every existing sequence to
create a new sequence should potentially go into superseeker, it should
certainly not go into doubling the database.)

Hugo