new keyword: probation

zak seidov zakseidov at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 08:44:36 CET 2006

Alex, Neil, Seqfans!

I don't like this "probation" at all:

my "idea" was to put ALL submissions
first to separate file
("rejected" is a rough name,
"summitted.txt" is OK).

While editors gradually decide which ones may be
included in the main database
(or moved back from main file to "summitted.txt" -
which is more important IMHO),
all authors can judge for theseve how to improve their
next submissions.

It is not a question that anyone should agree with
editors' decision(s), simply all editors job
should be open to public - that is my basic
idea/desire.

Zak

PS1 Even "Natute" and "Science", maybe
the most snobbish J's (in physics)
can not assure anyone that accepted (by them) papers
are generally better than rejected (by them) ones. The
more so about really genius papers.

PS2 I wonder can the editors and the most active users
(not authors!) select say 1000 (less than 1% of all
SEQ's) their favorite/important entries in OEIS.
It'd be very much instructive to peruse such lists.

PS2 Another kind request to editors and to the most
active users (and authors!): it'd be great to read say
once a month some (semi-popular) reviews of topics on
the base of OEIS. I guess that Neil do it at
conferences and in papers/books, but are they publicly
available on net. Also, I prefer to read reviews of
others ('coz Neil may be highly non-objective to his
dear child).

--- Alexandre Wajnberg <alexandre.wajnberg at skynet.be>