new keyword: probation

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Tue Mar 14 15:58:06 CET 2006

* zak seidov <zakseidov at yahoo.com> [Mar 14. 2006 13:06]:

> 1. sorry for typo:
>
> >all authors can judge for theseve how to improve
> >their next submissions.
>
> 'd be:
> all authors can judge for themselves how to improve
> their next submissions.

I am afraid not, cf. author:bagula
A random take:
A115514 A modular group root solution based on a Klein two group
sequentual projection of the tribonacci sequence A000073.

> 2. as to (so many) complaints about (so many)
> uninteresting sequences:
> there are no uninteresting sequences,

so lets insert all seqs a(n):=A+B*n for all A,B
Oh! inifinitely may...

A seq can only be interesting if somehow connected to
the existing human (mathematical) knowledge.
Else we need to have all of them, which (apart from being
impossible) makes the idea of the OEIS absurd.

The existence OEIS reflects the fact that amoung the
inifinitude of seqs only a subset is interesting.

> there are uninterested people,

Can you elaborate?

> otherwise what is celebrated at 100K party -
> succes or failure?

We could have had, by your argument, the party
5 minutes after starting the OEIS by simply
entering random data.

> All the best, Zak
>
> [...]

jj