Optimum OnLine

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Thu May 18 07:35:52 CEST 2006

Dear Sequence Fans:
Every day, often several tims a day, the local cable company drops my connection:
all my windows die, and I have have to reboot
all the little boxes (the modem, the router, the hub, etc.)

The company is called "Optimum OnLine"(!).  Of course it is hopeless
to try calling the service department.

(

I have been trying to read my mail now for 15 minutes.

I type something, and get no echo to the terminal for
five minuters.

If anyone aks what could be donm

asks what could be done to inptove the OEIS, one answer
would be:  remove Opt. Online's monopoly in central New Jersey

NJAS