asking help in terminology

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Thu May 18 19:38:03 CEST 2006

Here are a few more examples in the OEIS:

A054741, primitive elements not in OEIS.
A013929, primitive elements are A001248.
A046099, primitive elements are A030078.
A091454,  primitive elements are A091455.  I have submitted a correction for A091455; as defined, it should include 210, 330, etc.  I think the actual sequence, as defined by the program, is more interesting than the definition, so I proposed changing the definition.
A033942, primitive elements are A014612.
A096490, primitive elements not in OEIS.
A100716, primitive elements in A051674.
A097603, primitive elements in A000396.
A013590 might include all multiples, this is an interesting question.  If it does, the primitive elements are not in the OEIS.

A062457 contains no multiples of other elements, so it is the primitive elements of some sequence.  That sequence is not in the OEIS.

(There are a vast number of sequences in the OEIS that consist only of primes, and a fair number that consist only of semiprimes.  Any of these are the primitive elements of some sequence; but enumerating these is uninteresting.)

Franklin T. Adams-Watters