report as of noon Sunday May 21

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sun May 21 19:02:20 CEST 2006

1. In a few minutes the OEIS will be up-to-date as of
midnight Saturday May 20 for Comments and as of noon today
for new sequences.

2. I will not have much time for the OEIS in the next couple of weeks
(and I will be away for 4 weeks starting June 21).

Please continue to send in anything important, but hold off
on less interesting material.

3. With Debbie Swayne and Russ Cox, we are working on adding
"graph" and "listen" (or "play"?) buttons next to
the "list" button.   The "graph" button now exists,
but the plots will look better when we install ploticus
to make the plots - gnuplot turns out to be not
so satisfactory as we had hoped.

4. About spam blockers:  since we switched over to the new
machines, email from the OEIS has been sent out
under a different name.  As a result some people
have not been getting the usual automatic response
from the "Contribute" web site, etc.

To fix this, you may need to tell your mail program
or your ISP that oeis at research.att.com is a friend
- add it to your contact list in Yahoo, for example.

5. Quite often I get email in which all
equal signs have been replaced by "= 3 D" [without the spaces]
and all lines end either with = 2 0 or =.
This is dangerous because it is very hard for me to
catch all those errors.
It turns out that you can fix this by telling your mail program to
use "plain text", and not "rich text format".

Neil