OEIS' New Graphing Function

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Sun May 21 19:48:40 CEST 2006

I love the new graphing function for the OEIS.
(I could sit at my computer for hours just looking at plotted sequences.)

A few suggestions:

1) Since the graphs are scaled based on the maximum value to be plotted,
when sequences rise rapidly then many points are scaled down to almost
zero, most detail is lost.
Maybe there can be the options of (a) allowing a plot to be made
logarithmically, and/or (b) allowing higher/lower terms to be excluded
from the plot. (Maybe an upper threshhold can be set by the user, above
which points are not plotted.)

2) I would like to see an option where a user can choose to connect each
pair of adjacent points in the plot with a line segment.

3) For numerator and denominator sequences, instead of plotting the
separate integer sequences, maybe the user could choose to plot the
rational values of numerator/denominator.

thanks,
Leroy Quet