New & old LEGO seqs; production cuts

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 18:58:55 CET 2006

I like the new seqs about Lego, such as
 A123762 <http://www.research.att.com/%7Enjas/sequences/A123762>
 Number of ways, counted up to symmetry, to build a contiguous building with
n *LEGO* blocks of size 1x2.

Ironically timed, as *"Recent restructuring and production cuts have left
Lego unable to fill
orders<http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2006/10/31/legoproduction.html>for
the upcoming holiday season. Affected products include Duplo bricks,
Lego City sets, and (horror of horrors!) Star Wars and Lego Technik
sets."*According to the article Lego stands to lose $127 million in
holiday sales.

http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2006/10/31/legoproduction.html

It might be useful to add crossrefs to earlier seqs such as:

 A007576 <http://www.research.att.com/%7Enjas/sequences/A007576>
 Number of maximally stable towers of 2 X 2 *LEGO* blocks.

 A082679 <http://www.research.att.com/%7Enjas/sequences/A082679>
 Number of *Lego* towers, one piece per floor, where every floor is
perpendicular to the one below it (so we have a kind of 3-dimensional zigzag
pattern).
 -- Jonathan Vos Post
[wondering if my son's earlier intense exposure to Duplo and Lego led him
towards his double B.S. in Math and Computer Science]