Possibly more errors in OEIS?

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Nov 3 22:41:18 CET 2006

Looking at sequences with keyword:cons, there is a marked shortage of
sequences with a given duplicate digit (excluding 0), compared with
those with a given other pair of digits.  For example, restricting our
attention to sequences not of the form "Decimal expansion of 1/n", and
ignoring all pairs involving 0 or 1, there are an average of about 1710
sequences  with any given digit pair, but an average of only about 1627
with duplicate pairs.  10 of this difference is explained by the 10
"selvage" sequences, which have no duplicate digits, but the rest is
unexplained.

I'm guessing that there may be an input error here; that duplicate
digits sometimes get combined at some point in the process, whether
before or after submission.  I'm not sure how to test for this, short
of examining the "cons" sequences and determining which are correct.

Mostly for Neil,

Sequences A081780 to A081796, "continued cotangent" sequences, all have
the "cons" keyword, but they should not.

Also, sequence A114721 has the "cons" keyword; it should instead have
the "frac" keyword.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters