A065577 Number of Goldbach partitions of 10^n? More terms?

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Thu Nov 2 22:49:42 CET 2006

Regarding A065577:

I altered my counting program to generating a file listing, in increasing
order, all primes p such that there exists prime q with p < q, p+q = 10^10.
I wrote a verification program to read this file, check that the p are in
increasing order, count the p, compute q = 10^10-p, check p < q and that p
and q are both prime (using trial division).

The verification program has finished, and confirms that a(10) >= 18200488.
This contradicts Zak Seidov's count a(10) = 18200487, but agrees with Dick
Mathar's count a(10) = 18200488.

If anyone is interested, I am keeping the text file with the p values for a
little while. It is 195MB, so e-mailing it is probably not a good option.