king chickens

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 15 06:37:18 CET 2006

I don't have time right now, so if someone who knows how to use nauty
wants to jump into this, here is how to do it:
1. Fetch the unlabelled tournaments from
      http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/data/digraphs.html
2. For each unlabelled tournament compute the automorphism group size A
   and the number of king chickens K.
3. The answer is the sum of K*(n!/A) over the unlabelled tournaments.

That will get the answer up to n=10 fairly easily.  The next case n=11
is plausible but more effort as there are nearly a billion tournaments.

Incidentally, the definition of "tournament" in the entry is incomplete.
It has to add that exactly one of the directed edges u->v, v->u is
present for each pair u,v of distinct vertices.

Brendan.

* N. J. A. Sloane <njas at research.att.com> [061115 16:13]: