OEIS down?

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sun Oct 29 17:28:48 CET 2006

The problems are probably with your personal service provider(s).
Yahoo seems to have problems; I've had similar problems recently with
AIM mail - including one email I got a full week later.  It's not
restricted to OEIS submissions, either.

As for sending it directly, while this does let you send yourself a
copy, it's a longer total loop: your provider -> intermediaries -> AT&T
-> Neil -> AT&T -> intermediaries -> your provider -> you.  The
submission via the web site just goes AT&T -> Neil -> AT&T ->
intermediaries -> your provider -> you.  So you're increasing the
chance of something going wrong - and especially increasing the chance
of the sequence not making it to the database.

And one of the things that can go wrong is that somebody along this
chain may decide that your lines are too long, and wrap them for you -
potentially creating errors in the sequence.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters