Demotion of Pluto as a planet

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 18:36:00 CEST 2006

*http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/060831_planet_definition.html

Pluto: Down But Maybe Not Out *
*By Robert Roy Britt <http://www.livescience.com/blogs/author/robbritt>*
LiveScience Managing Editor
posted: 31 August 2006
02:38 pm ET

If you did not like Pluto's demotion, don't give up hope.

Arguments over the newly approved definition for "planet" are likely to
continue at least until 2009, and astronomers say there is much that remains
to be clarified and refined.

While it is entirely unclear if the
definition<http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/060824_planet_definition.html>could
ever be altered enough to reinstate
Pluto <http://www.space.com/pluto/> as a planet<http://www.space.com/planets/>,
astronomers clearly expect some changes...