Unsolved Problems in Number Theory - Page 29

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Sat Sep 2 04:32:09 CEST 2006

I am sending this to SeqFan because my mail to RKG bounces.

Yes, I found the 3x3 magic square of Chen primes in question shortly before
posting it to math-fun, so this would have presumably happened in 2002.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_prime, Rudolf Ondrejka
discovered this square, and would have done so no later than 2001 (the year
of his death).

Interestingly, this same magic square also appears at
http://www.primepuzzles.net/puzzles/puzz_263.htm, as the central 3x3 magic
square of an antimagic square of primes. If the 1999-2001 copyright date on
this page is accurate, this posting would have preceded my own as well.

- Dave Wilson.