Re: Ánsar, ganso, oca: COMMENT on A 020988 = A084180 = A108018 !

Marc LeBrun mlb at well.com
Fri Sep 1 21:30:36 CEST 2006

 >=Antti Karttunen <antti.karttunen at gmail.com>
 > Please use that Lookup-feature of the database before submitting,
with the first or two entries of your "new" sequence omitted!

I agree that it would be excellent for everyone to always be more
careful with submissions.

However wouldn't it be a good idea to *automatically* subject ALL
submissions to an application of superseeker, or some variant thereof?

This would both provide a quick filter for trivial duplicates, and
perhaps fast automatic "discovery" for interesting results too (eg it
could add comment lines about any superseeker "hit" sequences).

It would add some overhead, but enhance the overall quality of OEIS
submissions, surely worthwhile.

PS: While I'm suggesting more work for others, I'd like to also again
recommend the related project of automatically applying (some variant
of) superseeker to ALL the "core" sequences (at least), generating
any absent cross-references to other sequences.  If possible, the
transformed sequences which are new should be added.  This project
could be crunched off-line from the main OEIS, filtered (for hits,
duplicates etc), checked and then added as a single big "update" not
requiring detailed human scrutiny of each submitted entry.