forgotten numbers

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 18:09:21 CEST 2006

This is the OEIS equivalent of the metamathematical proof that there are no
uninteresting numbers. Start with 1, that's interesting, then 2 is the only
even prime, then 3 is the first odd prime and first triangular number, ...
eventually we come to a number with no interesting properties.  That makes
it the first uninteresting number.  That makes it interesting.  By
induction, all numbers are interesting.

Or, a meta-joke:

Starting with 1, consider whether each integer is interesting or not.
Eventually we reach the first uninteresting number. Who cares?

That one made my son laugh out loud.