forgotten numbers

Richard Mathar mathar at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Sep 28 18:00:12 CEST 2006

Now, eventually, often considered, never dared, the ultimate
integer sequence, exposed, naked, which we shall call (for
reasons that will emerge) "forgotten" numbers, or, as there
are quite harsh critics out there which we also need to
please, the "useless", or, to coin the appropriate terminus
technicus, the anti-Sloanies:

8795
9734
9935
10017
10418
10776
11147

In in each world, likewise in Mathematics, there are primes
and Cardinals, amicables and pairs, socials and perfects.
Yet, behind the scenes and under the stages, there are those
who fill the void that would easily exist without their presence,
never mentioned, obscenely ignored like some 42nd entry
in an author list of hundreds, sharing the second number of their SSN
with the third draw in some local lottery game of Feb 29.

These are the
  "smallest positive integers with no hits in the OEIS"
as if their existence would be in doubt, and no merciful
hand would give them a reason to exist. They share some
unique properties
- "inadmissible": any attempt to submit them into the acknowledged
  list would automatically erase them and deprive them
  from their status as they would no longer fit their
  own definition, to quote a philosopher in fight with the
  old proverb "I consume and thus I am":

     "Now I do not know what mathematical is. I
     guess next I will not know what " is" is.
     "

  As such, they are in the gray zone of all that is
  almost isomorphic to (ATIAIT) the list (a.k.a. Moses 1)

  %I A00000
  %S
  %N empty, void, nirwana, complement of A000027, njet, nihil, Das Nichts
  %e none
  %Y
  %p quit
  %o (PARI) quit
  %o (C) int main() {}
  %K fini,nonn,easy,base

  which, likewise, is hardly ever spoken of, yetism, the back side
  of the moon, things below the Planck length, worst pancakes in town.

- "threatened": all of their members are highly fragile, as late
  roses crushed by the first harsh snow of winter, threatened
  by the swinging sword of the phraseology "conjectural,"
  "..might be eliminated..", "..unproven..", joined in fate with the Siberian
  Tiger, the Snow Leopard, the Latin Language, and O. Bin Laden.
  Each day, each hour, some carelessly woven new entrepreneurial
  sequence can force them to join their gang, which they do not have
  the right to refuse.

RJM
The end is near...
This message is not prepared by any software but hand-crafted like
old rugs, typed on a standard keyboard with no special features, then
sent with the embarrassingly old-fashioned "mail -I"
...and here it is