dealing with sequence collections

Mitch Harris Harris.Mitchell at mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 28 20:48:28 CEST 2006

Understood. The entire URL is roughly 7 times as long as the A number:

   http://research.att.com/~njas/sequences/  +  A000000

But these days would a pure text file even multiplied by 7 really take
that much longer (compared to web pages with even small images)?

> If you're running on Windows and have a recent version of Excel, you
> can build the URLs.  First copy the list...

Of course each reader could go through that entire procedure (as well as
the other suggestions) themselves.

I know I'm just being petty...
I realize now that I have a mail reader (Outlook) that makes every URL
in an email a clickable link that brings up a web browser (makes it look
like a webpage with links) and maybe that colors my expectations...

Mitch

  into Notepad, then copy from
> there into Excel.  (If you copy directly into Excel, it is treated as
> formatted text, and you won't see the option you need.)  Then select
> the "Use text import wizard" from the little pop-up paste
> options menu,
> specify that this is delimited text, and on the next window, that it
> uses comma as a delimiter.  You will now have one entry per cell, and
> can use formulas to generate the desired text.

Mitch