Duplicate hunting

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Tue Apr 10 16:09:50 CEST 2007

The ones where the definition is not the same are also of interest.
There are three possibilities:

1) Although the definitions are different, the actual sequences (out to
infinity) are the same.  In this case, these are duplicates, and should
be merged.
2) The sequences differ at some term beyond what is included in the
database.  In this case, at least one - preferably both - should have a
comment indicating where they differ.
3) We can't tell if the sequences are different or not.  In this case,
they should reference each other with some sort of comment indicating
that the equality of the sequences is unknown.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters