Aîon and Chronos

reismann at free.fr reismann at free.fr
Sun Jul 1 11:52:37 CEST 2007

Hi seqfans,

Aîon and Chronos form the Deleuze's concept of time :
Chronos : pulsated time (beats of our heart), the time of the history, the time
which passes.
Aîon : the pure moment of time, the time of the events, of the "eccéïtés", a
time at the same time too late and too early.

Ordinal and cardinal function of the numbers :
There are apples on the table.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. I count apples, the numbers have an ordinal function, the
action to count is held in the Chronos.
There are thus 6 apples. 6 take a cardinal function, we are not located more in
the Chronos, we are in another time : the Aîon.

In our vision of the natural numbers, in the vision of the fundamental theorem
of the arithmetic, in the decomposition in weight*level with jump=0, we are in
the Aîon.
To replace the natural numbers in the Chronos, it is enough to consider the
decomposition in weight*level+jump with jump=1.
We did not see the difference until now because the two decompositions give the
same result (with a different offset). I think that it is thus because the jump
is constant, the pulsation is regular.

In Aîon, the prime numbers are primes, they are of level 1, it is all.
How to see in a new way prime numbers ?
By considering them in the Chronos, by analyzing them by the decomposition in
weight*level+jump.
In this case the jump is not constant, the pulsation is irregular.
There are "prime numbers" and "multiples" among the prime numbers ("prime
numbers" and "multiples" remain to be defined in this case).

The numbers have only one Aîon but several Chronos. It is what I wanted to say
by “Numbers are nothings”. The numbers are nothing if one does not specify in
which time one is located. Is the number in the Aîon or the Chronos ? And if it
is in the Chronos, in which Chronos is it ?
11 in Aîon : 11 is prime, is of level 1.
11 in the Chronos of natural numbers : 11 has a weight of 2, 11 = 2*5+1.
11 in the Chronos of prime numbers : 11 has a weight of 3 : 11 = 3*3+2.

Good thoughts,

Rémi Eismann

Deleuze on Wikipedia en :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deleuze
Deleuze on Wikipedia fr :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Deleuze
On Aîon and chronos (in french) :
Le vocabulaire de Deleuze (réalisé par Raphaël Bessis) -
http://tuxcafe.org/~renee/textes/deleuze/vocabulaire_deleuze.pdf