definition of anti-divisor

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 17:37:16 CEST 2007

On 7/21/07, N. J. A. Sloane <njas at research.att.com> wrote:

> The term anti-divisor seems to be due to Jon Perry.
> I wish I understood the motivation for the definition!
>
> There are links to various webpages of his, but they are all broken
> and he has not responded to my emails.

Neil, I believe your corrections are correct ;)
Jon Perry's page on anti-divisors is available from archive.org:
http://web.archive.org/web/20070406031719/www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths/antidivisor.htm

Max

When I posted my version of the correct definition
of anti-divisor earlier this morning, I should have
given credit to Maximilian Hasler and Max Alekseyev
for saying exactly the same thing in earlier
postings (which I had not read).
Maximilian, Max - my apologies!
Neil